Letters and Correspondence
120+ Organizations Support Children’s Bill of RightsChild Rights
Over 120 organizations committed to improving the lives of children in the United States send this letter endorsing the Children’s Bill of Rights (H. Res. 476). The resolution, introduced by Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.), Rep. Judy Chu (D-Calif.) and Rep. Luis Gutiérrez (D-Ill.), would establish a national Children’s Bill of Rights recognizing that every child is entitled to:
- Basic needs such as shelter, clothing and food;
- Protection from abuse and/or neglect, access to medical treatment;
- Educational supports and opportunities;
- Representation by attorneys and advocates in legal proceedings;
- Rehabilitative services if detained or incarcerated;
- Protections from unsafe child labor.
Proud to stand with 120+ organizations supporting the Children’s Bill of Rights: http://bit.ly/1PUuQEE v/ @Campaign4Kids #InvestInKids
Tweet this now.